Fire Prevention Week is from October 6th- 12th, 2019! Our local fire department will be here on Tuesday, October 8th to speak with our students in Grades K-3 regarding fire safety. This is a wonderful opportunity for our students to hear first-hand from firefighters how to stay safe and protected.
We are holding a poster contest for this year’s theme: “Not Every Hero Wears a Cape! Plan and practice your escape!” All posters must be submitted on white, 8 1/2’’ x 11’’ paper, drawn horizontally or vertically. Any type of coloring instrument can be used. All entries are due to your child’s teacher by Friday, October 4th. Please make sure the child’s name and class iswritten on their poster! All posters will be proudly displayed in the APR during Fire Prevention Week!
On Friday, October 4th, we will hold a school-wide assembly and read aloud the book, SAY Something by Peter Reynolds. This is a picture book which emphasizes the importance of using ones words, actions and voice to make a difference in the world. We will be discussing ways to make Chatterton a better place collectively through this lens. It is the perfect way for us as educators, and you as parents, to talk about confidence and believing in yourself with young children. Ask your child about the assembly!
On Friday, October 4th we will be holding our annual Emergency Preparedness Drill. We will test our transportation system by dismissing school at 2:45. This is 15 minutes earlier than our routine dismissal time. Please be prepared for your child’s early arrival at the bus stop or early departure from school for walkers.
School will be closed on Monday, September 30th and Tuesday, October 1st in observance of Rosh Hashanah.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
October 1st Deadline- Happy Birthday! – Each month, on the bulletin board in the main hallway, the PTA posts the names of children who are celebrating birthdays. In order to make the board more exciting and fun, we would love to include a recent photo to go beside each child’s name. Please send in a photo to your child’s teacher in an envelope labeled “PTA birthday photo”, including your child’s name, birthday month, teacher and grade on both envelope and photo. Please submit by October 1. This photo will not be returned. Any questions, please contact Maria Milito 516-835-2209, Mcpmilito@yahoo.com.
Thursday October 10th from 3pm to 9pm- District PTA Blood Drive at Chatterton
Friday October 11th Chatterton Photo Day- more details to follow soon
Thursday October 17th Chatterton Spaghetti Dinner- keep an eye out for information on this coming your way soon!
Friday October 18th first deadline of the year for our Box Tops for Education Competition
SEPTA: Merrick School District Special Education PTA, serves the interest of families in all three of our elementary schools – Chatterton, Birch and Levy Lakeside. Please support SEPTA and become a member! https://merricksepta.memberhub.store
PTA Membership –
The Chatterton PTA membership site is open for for the 2019 -2020 school year.
Use link: Chatterton.memberhub.store
- Membership is $12 for first member and $8 for each additional member.
- We encourage everyone to become a PTA member. Every class that has 100 percent of families registered as PTA members will receive an extra recess time!
- You will not be able to attend PTA sponsored field trips or events if you are not a PTA member.
- These membership fees help to sponsor functions such as cultural arts events, Peace and Friendship day, class field trips and many other great events for your children throughout the school year!
PTA Lunch Service – Ordering for October closed on Wednesday September 18th
- Online ordering system- www.boonli.com
- No late orders can be accepted. If you have any questions or problems with registration or ordering please contact email@example.com. Thanks for your cooperation.
PTA Website – We have a great website! If you have not already done so, please register on our Chatterton PTA website in order to receive emails regarding upcoming events, important dates, lunch program information and to receive your weekly PTA Memo. http://chattertonpta.org.
Join our Facebook Page if you would like to receive up to the minute information and reminders.
PTA Committees– Our PTA can always use extra help and volunteers!! Please see slate (link below) for chair and committee contact info to volunteer.
Chatterton Twitter Account – Please follow us on Twitter to receive the most current “learning snapshots” being posted. This will enable you to have a window into the learning experiences and activities your children are engaged in during the school day. Our school Twitter account is @ChattertonSOARS.
CHATTERTON PTA’S FUNDRAISERS
- Chatterton PTA Discount Cards: This year we have teamed up with Birch and Lakeside PTAs to raise money for each of our PTAs. The cost per discount card is $20. Please see this order form Discount Card Order Form 2019 2020 to purchase, or please follow the link below and follow the directions to purchase your card. https://my.cheddarup.com/c/merrick-school-district-2019-20-discount-card-16411
Once you have received confirmation of your purchase please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include your home address when emailing the confirmation.
- Shop at Shutterfly or Tiny Prints and 13% of your purchase will be donated to Chatterton PTA!! http://chatterton.shutterflystorefront.com
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION- The 2019-2020 school year marks our 6th Box Tops for Education™ competition among Chatterton classes. Help support our school in this program! The PTA receives a check from Box Tops for Education™ twice a year and the money goes directly towards many of its sponsored programs, events and field trips to enhance every student’s experience at Chatterton School. Please send in your clippings in a baggie or envelope with your child’s teacher’s name so that each Box Top is counted towards total class numbers, or you can earn box tops DIGITALLY via receipt scan. You’ll now download the new and improved, user-friendly Box Tops app, register and select Chatterton as your school, and then scan an eligible receipt containing Box Tops products. Chatterton earns 10 cents for each Box Tops product purchased plus extra earnings for any Bonus Box Tops opportunities. The app will automatically add Box Tops to Chatterton’s earnings online, giving visibility to see how you are supporting our school in real-time.
- Prizes are awarded to the top classes! OUR COMPETITION DEADLINES FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR ARE FRIDAY OCTOBER 18th, FRIDAY FEBRUARY 14th and FRIDAY JUNE 12th. For more information or questions, please contact Chatterton’s Box Tops Coordinator, Samantha Pucella, at email@example.com
- Stop & Shop Fundraiser – Stop & Shop A+ Rewards program – Help us earn money for our school PTA. Simply log on to www.stopandshop.com/aplus or call 1-877-275-2758 to register your Stop & Shop card. Registration is open and Chatterton’s ID # is 12028. If you registered last year you do not need to re-register. You can log in and verify the school assignment. Remember to have your family & friends register their cards too! Thank you for your support!