Visitor parking is reserved in the front of our school building. Should all the spots be taken, there is additional parking in the rear of our school building. Please do not park along the curb in the bus loop! There is not enough space for cars to exit the parking spaces and this has resulted in several accidents. Thank you for your cooperation!
Our 4th grade students will be attending their first field trip of the year to Caumsett State Historic Park on Wednesday, September 25th. Nassau BOCES will conduct this Environmental Education program for our students where they will study diverse natural habitats such as fields, forests, pond, salt marsh and seashore. We wish them a wonderful time!
School will be closed on Monday, September 30th and Tuesday, October 1st in observance of Rosh Hashanah.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Monday September 23rd- Class Captain Meeting – There is a Class Captain Meeting on Monday September 23rd at 6:30 PM in the APR. Class captains will be contacted prior to the meeting. You must be a PTA member to hold these positions.
Monday September 23rd- PTA Meeting – Join us for our first monthly PTA meeting Monday, September 23rd at 7 PM in the APR immediately following the class captain meeting. Hear about some changes to your child’s school day as well as the PTA events planned for the year.
Thursday October 10th from 3pm to 9pm- District PTA Blood Drive at Chatterton
SEPTA: Merrick School District Special Education PTA, serves the interest of families in all three of our elementary schools – Chatterton, Birch and Levy Lakeside. Please support SEPTA and become a member! https://merricksepta.memberhub.store
PTA Membership –
The Chatterton PTA membership site is open for for the 2019 -2020 school year.
Use link: Chatterton.memberhub.store
- Membership is $12 for first member and $8 for each additional member.
- We encourage everyone to become a PTA member. Every class that has 100 percent of families registered as PTA members will receive an extra recess time!
- You will not be able to attend PTA sponsored field trips or events if you are not a PTA member.
- These membership fees help to sponsor functions such as cultural arts events, Peace and Friendship day, class field trips and many other great events for your children throughout the school year!
PTA Lunch Service – Ordering for October closed on Wednesday September 18th
- Online ordering system- www.boonli.com
- No late orders can be accepted. If you have any questions or problems with registration or ordering please contact email@example.com. Thanks for your cooperation.
PTA Website – We have a great website! If you have not already done so, please register on our Chatterton PTA website in order to receive emails regarding upcoming events, important dates, lunch program information and to receive your weekly PTA Memo. http://chattertonpta.org.
Join our Facebook Page if you would like to receive up to the minute information and reminders.
PTA Committees– Our PTA can always use extra help and volunteers!! Please see slate (link below) for chair and committee contact info to volunteer.
Chatterton Twitter Account – Please follow us on Twitter to receive the most current “learning snapshots” being posted. This will enable you to have a window into the learning experiences and activities your children are engaged in during the school day. Our school Twitter account is @ChattertonSOARS.
CHATTERTON PTA’S FUNDRAISERS
- Chatterton PTA Discount Cards: This year we have teamed up with Birch and Lakeside PTAs to raise money for each of our PTAs. The cost per discount card is $20. Please follow the link below and follow the directions to purchase your card.https://my.cheddarup.com/c/merrick-school-district-2019-20-discount-card-16411
Once you have received confirmation of your purchase please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include your home address when emailing the confirmation.
- Shop at Shutterfly or Tiny Prints and 13% of your purchase will be donated to Chatterton PTA!! http://chatterton.shutterflystorefront.com
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION- The 2019-2020 school year marks our 6th Box Tops for Education™ competition among Chatterton classes. As of today, this contest has generated over $6,000 for our school. That is over 60,000 Box Tops clipped from many of our favorite home products and foods and sent in from all grades and classes throughout Chatterton. We welcome and encourage you and your child(ren) to help support our school in this program! The PTA receives a check from Box Tops for Education™ twice a year and the money goes directly towards many of its sponsored programs, events and field trips to enhance every student’s experience at Chatterton School. Please send in your clippings in a baggie or envelope with your child’s teacher’s name so that each Box Top is counted towards total class numbers. Prizes are awarded to the top classes! OUR COMPETITION DEADLINES FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR ARE AS FOLLOWS:
*** FRIDAY OCTOBER 18th, FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14th and FRIDAY, JUNE 12th**
You may have already noticed on some products that traditional Box Tops are being phased out and instead of clipping, ALL BOX TOPS WILL BE EARNED DIGITIALLY via receipt scan. You’ll now download the new and improved, user-friendly Box Tops app, register and select Chatterton as your school, and then scan an eligible receipt containing Box Tops products. Chatterton earns 10 cents for each Box Tops product purchased plus extra earnings for any Bonus Box Tops opportunities. The app will automatically add Box Tops to Chatterton’s earnings online, giving visibility to see how you are supporting our school in real-time. For more information or questions, please contact Chatterton’s Box Tops Coordinator, Samantha Pucella, at email@example.com
Stop & Shop Fundraiser – Stop & Shop A+ Rewards program – Help us earn money for our school PTA. Simply log on to www.stopandshop.com/aplus or call 1-877-275-2758 to register your Stop & Shop card. Registration is open and Chatterton’s ID # is 12028. If you registered last year you do not need to re-register. You can log in and verify the school assignment. Remember to have your family & friends register their cards too! Thank you for your support!
Happy Birthday! – Each month, on the bulletin board in the main hallway, the PTA posts the names of children who are celebrating birthdays. In order to make the board more exciting and fun, we would love to include a recent photo to go beside each child’s name. Please send in a photo to your child’s teacher in an envelope labeled “PTA birthday photo”, including your child’s name, birthday month, teacher and grade on both envelope and photo. Please submit by October 1. This photo will not be returned. Any questions, please contact Maria Milito 516-835-2209, Mcpmilito@yahoo.com.