School will be closed on Monday October 14th in observance of Columbus Day.
On Wednesday, October 16th, we are conducting a planned evacuation drill to Merrick Avenue Middle School. Please be aware that on this day from approximately 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM all children and staff will be exiting Chatterton. During that time period there will be no one allowed to enter Chatterton Elementary School.
On Thursday, October 17th, our 5th Grade Students from Mrs. Edelman and Mrs. Marr’s classes will be taking a walking trip to the Merrick Library to learn about all the resources it has to offer!
On Friday, October 18th, faculty members from the Bellmore Merrick High School District will be meeting with our 6th grade students to inform them of their foreign language choices for 7th grade!
CAPS Presentations – In keeping with our effort to educate the whole child and keep all students safe, CAPS (Child Abuse Prevention Services) will be at Chatterton to share important information on a variety of topics over the next two weeks. Ask your child about the workshops they participated in!
- Grade 2 will participate in Safety Rules. This workshop will focus on what children need to do to stay safe in their surroundings.
- Grade 5 will participate in CyberSmartz. This workshop will focus on how to stay safe online.
Special Halloween Notice: We are looking forward to our annual Halloween Parade that will take place on October 31st at 9AM. All Chatterton students are invited to dress in the spirit of Halloween! Students in Grades K-3 will participate in a parade around the school building. Students in Grades 4-6 will cheer on the students as they walk. Please look for a notice that will be sent home soon with the important details!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Spaghetti Dinner is this Thursday October 17th at 6:00pm. Send in our RSVP by Tuesday. Doors will open at 5:30pm! Please enter through the main front doors. Looking forward to a fun evening!
Friday October 18th first deadline of the year for our Box Tops for Education Competition
Monday October 21st PTA Meeting 7pm
Chatterton Fun Run – November 15, 2019!
Parents and Families—this year’s main fundraiser is the Chatterton Fun Run! It’s a two-week program that kicks off with a Pep Rally on November 4th. Families will then gather pledges to help support our school and students will run laps at the Chatterton Fun Run, which will take place on November 15th! This year our goal is to raise $10,000 to beautify and enhance the inside and outside of Chatterton, and we need your help!We’ve asked the experts at Booster to power our fundraiser to make it easier, more profitable, and more fun.
During the two-week program, students will also experience an amazing character theme, MINDSPARK: WILD WEST! Booster’s most exciting theme yet, combines S.T.E.A.M. skills (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) with character-building. While they’re teaming up with the MindSpark Kids to save Dr. Shock, our students will learn five character traits that will help strengthen themselves and our world.
We’re excited about this amazing event, keep your eyes out for more information over the next month!
PTA Membership –
The Chatterton PTA membership site is open for for the 2019 -2020 school year. Use link: Chatterton.memberhub.store
- Membership is $12 for first member and $8 for each additional member.
- We encourage everyone to become a PTA member. Every class that has 100 percent of families registered as PTA members will receive an extra recess time!
- You will not be able to attend PTA sponsored field trips or events if you are not a PTA member.
SEPTA: Merrick School District Special Education PTA, serves the interest of families in all three of our elementary schools – Chatterton, Birch and Levy Lakeside. Please support SEPTA and become a member! https://merricksepta.memberhub.store
PTA Lunch Service – Ordering for November is open and will close on Tuesday October 15th
- Online ordering system- www.boonli.com
- No late orders can be accepted. If you have any questions or problems with registration or ordering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your cooperation.
CHATTERTON PTA’S FUNDRAISERS Fundraising calendar 2019-2020
- Chatterton PTA Discount Cards: This year we have teamed up with Birch and Lakeside PTAs to raise money for each of our PTAs. The cost per discount card is $20. Please see this order form Discount Card Order Form 2019 2020 to purchase, or please follow the link below and follow the directions to purchase your card. https://my.cheddarup.com/c/merrick-school-district-2019-20-discount-card-16411
Once you have received confirmation of your purchase please forward it to email@example.com and please include your home address when emailing the confirmation.
- Shop at Shutterfly or Tiny Prints and 13% of your purchase will be donated to Chatterton PTA!! http://chatterton.shutterflystorefront.com
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION- Help support our school in this program! The PTA receives a check from Box Tops for Education™ and the money goes directly towards many of its sponsored programs, events and field trips. Please send in your clippings in a baggie or envelope with your child’s teacher’s name so that each Box Top is counted towards total class numbers, or you can earn box tops DIGITALLY via receipt scan. You can now download the Box Tops app, register and select Chatterton as your school, and then scan an eligible receipt containing Box Tops products. The app will automatically add Box Tops to Chatterton’s earnings online. Prizes are awarded to the top classes! OUR COMPETITION DEADLINES FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR ARE FRIDAY OCTOBER 18th, FRIDAY FEBRUARY 14th and FRIDAY JUNE 12th. For more information or questions, please contact Chatterton’s Box Tops Coordinator, Samantha Pucella, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stop & Shop Fundraiser – Stop & Shop A+ Rewards program – Help us earn money for our school PTA. Simply log on to www.stopandshop.com/aplus or call 1-877-275-2758 to register your Stop & Shop card. Registration is open and Chatterton’s ID # is 12028. If you registered last year you do not need to re-register. You can log in and verify the school assignment. Remember to have your family & friends register their cards too! Thank you for your support!
PTA Website – We have a great website! If you have not already done so, please register on our Chatterton PTA website in order to receive emails regarding upcoming events, important dates, lunch program information and to receive your weekly PTA Memo. http://chattertonpta.org.
Join our Facebook Page if you would like to receive up to the minute information and reminders.
PTA Committees– Our PTA can always use extra help and volunteers!! Please see slate (link below) for chair and committee contact info to volunteer.
Chatterton Twitter Account – Please follow us on Twitter to receive the most current “learning snapshots” being posted. Our school Twitter account is @ChattertonSOARS.
Happy Birthday! – Each month, on the bulletin board in the main hallway, the PTA posts the names of children who are celebrating birthdays. In order to make the board more exciting and fun, we would love to include a recent photo to go beside each child’s name. Please send in a photo to your child’s teacher in an envelope labeled “PTA birthday photo”, including your child’s name, birthday month, teacher and grade on both envelope and photo. This photo will not be returned. Any questions, please contact Maria Milito 516-835-2209, Mcpmilito@yahoo.com.