There is no school for students on Election Day, Tuesday November 8th. Please exercise your right to vote!
Our Principal-PTA Breakfast will take place on Friday, November 8th at 9:15AM. Flyer to go home on Monday. Please RSVP so we know to you will be in attendance. We hope to see you there!
On Thursday, November 7th, there is an information meeting for all 6th grade families at Merrick Avenue Middle School to hear about all the academic offerings for your child’s first year in middle school.
Safety Reminder: It is important for us all to work together to keep our children safe. Most recently we have noticed many cars driving very fast up the driveway from Merrick Avenue to Hewlett Avenue. This is creating an unsafe environment for the students who are entering the building as well as those who are walking to school. We are asking for everyone to please drive slowly, pay careful attention to your surroundings and be sure to STOP at the signs posted. Thank you for your cooperation in keeping all students, staff and families safe!
Chatterton Twitter Account – Please follow us on Twitter to receive the most current “learning snapshots” being posted. This will enable you to have a window into the learning experiences and activities your children are engaged in during the school day.
Our school Twitter account is @ChattertonSOARS.
Merrick’s Twitter account is @MerrickUFSD
Schools are closed on Monday, November 11th in observance of Veteran’s Day. We thank all of the Veteran’s near and far with respect, honor and gratitude!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
- November 4 Pep Rally for Boosterthon
- Pledging is NOW OPEN for the Chatterton Fun Run!
Chatterton Fun Run GOALS
100% of families get pledges from sponsors
5 pledges per student
$10,000 School Profit for PTA SPONSORED PROGRAMS!
The easiest way to help us reach our goals is through our easy SHARE features on FUNRUN.COM.
Make a Student Star Video to share with Facebook friends!
Copy and paste the email template and then send to family, friends, and local businesses.
Go to FUNRUN.COM from your mobile device, click share, and send texts to friends and family.
EVERY PLEDGE COUNTS. THANK YOU!
Contact Danna Richardson (email@example.com) with any questions.
- Thursday November 7 Sports Night for Kindergarten and Grades 3-4
PTA Membership- We encourage everyone to become a PTA member for the 2019-2020 school year. Every class that has 100 percent of families registered as PTA members will receive an extra recess time!
Use link: Chatterton.memberhub.store
- Membership is $12 for first member and $8 for each additional member.
- You will not be able to attend PTA sponsored field trips or events if you are not a PTA member.
SEPTA: Merrick School District Special Education PTA, serves the interest of families in all three of our elementary schools – Chatterton, Birch and Levy Lakeside. Please support SEPTA and become a member! https://merricksepta.memberhub.store
PTA Lunch Service – Ordering is open for the month of December and will close on the 15th.
- Online ordering system- www.boonli.com
- No late orders can be accepted. If you have any questions or problems with registration or ordering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your cooperation.
Happy Birthday! – Each month, on the bulletin board in the main hallway, the PTA posts the names of children who are celebrating birthdays. Please send in a photo to your child’s teacher in an envelope labeled “PTA birthday photo”, including your child’s name, birthday month, teacher and grade on both envelope and photo. This photo will not be returned. Any questions, please contact Maria Milito 516-835-2209, Mcpmilito@yahoo.com.
CHATTERTON PTA’S FUNDRAISERS Fundraising calendar 2019-2020
- Chatterton PTA Discount Cards: We have teamed up with Birch and Lakeside PTAs to raise money for each of our PTAs. The cost per discount card is $20. Please see this order form Discount Card Order Form 2019 2020 to purchase, or please follow the link below and follow the directions to purchase your card. https://my.cheddarup.com/c/merrick-school-district-2019-20-discount-card-16411
Once you have received confirmation of your purchase please forward it to email@example.com and please include your home address when emailing the confirmation.
- Shop at Shutterfly or Tiny Prints and 13% of your purchase will be donated to Chatterton PTA!! http://chatterton.shutterflystorefront.com
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION- Help support our school in this program! The PTA receives a check from Box Tops for Education™ and the money goes directly towards many of its sponsored programs, events and field trips. Please send in your clippings in a baggie or envelope with your child’s teacher’s name so that each Box Top is counted towards total class numbers, or you can earn box tops DIGITALLY via receipt scan. You can now download the Box Tops app, register and select Chatterton as your school, and then scan an eligible receipt containing Box Tops products. The app will automatically add Box Tops to Chatterton’s earnings online. OUR REMAINING COMPETITION DEADLINES FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR ARE FRIDAY FEBRUARY 14th and FRIDAY JUNE 12th. For more information or questions, please contact Chatterton’s Box Tops Coordinator, Samantha Pucella, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stop & Shop A+ Rewards Program – Help us earn money for our school PTA. Simply log on to www.stopandshop.com/aplus or call 1-877-275-2758 to register your Stop & Shop card. Registration is open and Chatterton’s ID # is 12028. If you registered last year you do not need to re-register. You can log in and verify the school assignment. Remember to have your family & friends register their cards too! Thank you for your support!
PTA Website – If you have not already done so, please register on our Chatterton PTA website in order to receive emails regarding upcoming events, important dates, lunch program information and to receive your weekly PTA Memo. http://chattertonpta.org.
Join our Facebook Page if you would like to receive up to the minute information and reminders.
PTA Committees– Our PTA can always use extra help and volunteers!! Please see slate (link below) for chair and committee contact info to volunteer.
Chatterton Twitter Account – Please follow us on Twitter to receive the most current “learning snapshots” being posted. Our school Twitter account is @ChattertonSOARS.