Chatterton School is hosting The Conservation Caper on Monday, October 21st from The National Theatre for Children sponsored by PSEG Long Island. In addition to getting to watch this fun, fast-paced live show about energy conservation, everyone at the school can request a FREE energy efficiency kit. Families can also request their kits at PSEGLIenergykit.orgusing promo code PSEGLI1920.
On Tuesday, October 22nd, our kindergarten students will be taking a trip to Schmitt’s Farm to enhance their students of Fall!
On Wednesday, October 23rd,students in Grades K-3 will participate in a Halloween Safety Assembly provided by AAA Traffic Safety. Information regarding this will be sent home on Wednesday.
Thursday, October 24th is Walk to School Day! Help us to promote the health and wellness of all of our students by walking to school instead of arriving by car or bus. We encourage everyone to dress in workout gear and/or sweats to promote healthy active bodies!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Monday October 21st General PTA Meeting 7pm in the APR- We’re going to introduce Booster, our brand new fundraiser, which starts in just 2 weeks. We’ll also cover other upcoming events going on at school and answer any questions that come up.
Special Halloween Notice: We are looking forward to our annual Halloween Parade that will take place on October 31st at 9AM. All Chatterton students are invited to dress in the spirit of Halloween! Students in Grades K-3 will participate in a parade around the school building. Students in Grades 4-6 will cheer on the students as they walk. Please look for a notice that will be sent home soon with the important details!
Boosterthon Coming Soon!
Chatterton Fun Run – November 15, 2019!
Parents and Families—this year’s main fundraiser is the Chatterton Fun Run! It’s a two-week program that kicks off with a Pep Rally on November 4th. Families will then gather pledges to help support our school and students will run laps at the Chatterton Fun Run, which will take place on November 15th! This year our goal is to raise $10,000 to beautify and enhance the inside and outside of Chatterton, and we need your help!We’ve asked the experts at Booster to power our fundraiser to make it easier, more profitable, and more fun.
During the two-week program, students will also experience an amazing character theme, MINDSPARK: WILD WEST! Booster’s most exciting theme yet, combines S.T.E.A.M. skills (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) with character-building. While they’re teaming up with the MindSpark Kids to save Dr. Shock, our students will learn five character traits that will help strengthen themselves and our world.
We’re excited about this amazing event, keep your eyes out for more information coming!
PTA Membership- We encourage everyone to become a PTA member for the 2019-2020 school year. Every class that has 100 percent of families registered as PTA members will receive an extra recess time!
Use link: Chatterton.memberhub.store
- Membership is $12 for first member and $8 for each additional member.
- You will not be able to attend PTA sponsored field trips or events if you are not a PTA member.
SEPTA: Merrick School District Special Education PTA, serves the interest of families in all three of our elementary schools – Chatterton, Birch and Levy Lakeside. Please support SEPTA and become a member! https://merricksepta.memberhub.store
PTA Lunch Service – Ordering for November is closed
- Online ordering system- www.boonli.com
- No late orders can be accepted. If you have any questions or problems with registration or ordering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your cooperation.
Happy Birthday! – Each month, on the bulletin board in the main hallway, the PTA posts the names of children who are celebrating birthdays. Please send in a photo to your child’s teacher in an envelope labeled “PTA birthday photo”, including your child’s name, birthday month, teacher and grade on both envelope and photo. This photo will not be returned. Any questions, please contact Maria Milito 516-835-2209, Mcpmilito@yahoo.com.
CHATTERTON PTA’S FUNDRAISERS Fundraising calendar 2019-2020
- Chatterton PTA Discount Cards: We have teamed up with Birch and Lakeside PTAs to raise money for each of our PTAs. The cost per discount card is $20. Please see this order form Discount Card Order Form 2019 2020 to purchase, or please follow the link below and follow the directions to purchase your card. https://my.cheddarup.com/c/merrick-school-district-2019-20-discount-card-16411
Once you have received confirmation of your purchase please forward it to email@example.com and please include your home address when emailing the confirmation.
- Shop at Shutterfly or Tiny Prints and 13% of your purchase will be donated to Chatterton PTA!! http://chatterton.shutterflystorefront.com
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION- Help support our school in this program! The PTA receives a check from Box Tops for Education™ and the money goes directly towards many of its sponsored programs, events and field trips. Please send in your clippings in a baggie or envelope with your child’s teacher’s name so that each Box Top is counted towards total class numbers, or you can earn box tops DIGITALLY via receipt scan. You can now download the Box Tops app, register and select Chatterton as your school, and then scan an eligible receipt containing Box Tops products. The app will automatically add Box Tops to Chatterton’s earnings online. OUR REMAINING COMPETITION DEADLINES FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR ARE FRIDAY FEBRUARY 14th and FRIDAY JUNE 12th. For more information or questions, please contact Chatterton’s Box Tops Coordinator, Samantha Pucella, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stop & Shop A+ Rewards Program – Help us earn money for our school PTA. Simply log on to www.stopandshop.com/aplus or call 1-877-275-2758 to register your Stop & Shop card. Registration is open and Chatterton’s ID # is 12028. If you registered last year you do not need to re-register. You can log in and verify the school assignment. Remember to have your family & friends register their cards too! Thank you for your support!
PTA Website – If you have not already done so, please register on our Chatterton PTA website in order to receive emails regarding upcoming events, important dates, lunch program information and to receive your weekly PTA Memo. http://chattertonpta.org.
Join our Facebook Page if you would like to receive up to the minute information and reminders.
PTA Committees– Our PTA can always use extra help and volunteers!! Please see slate (link below) for chair and committee contact info to volunteer.
Chatterton Twitter Account – Please follow us on Twitter to receive the most current “learning snapshots” being posted. Our school Twitter account is @ChattertonSOARS.