MARK YOUR CALENDARS- there is a lot going on this month!!!
- The Chatterton Boosterthon is in full swing!! The run will take place on Friday November 15!
- GOALS: 100% of families get pledges from sponsors, 5 pledges per student → $10,000 School Profit for PTA Sponsored Programs!!
- The easiest way to help us reach our goals is through our easy SHARE features on FUNRUN.COM
- Make a Student Star Video to share with Facebook friends!
- Copy and paste the email template and then send to family, friends and local businesses
- Go to FUNRUN.COM from your mobile device, click share, and send texts to friends and family
- EVERY PLEDGE COUNTS. THANK YOU!
- Contact Danna Richardson (email@example.com) with any questions.
- Due to popular demand, the PTA Cultural Arts Program is continuing our Chess residency program for the third year in a row.
The Long Island Chess Nuts, a non-profit scholastic chess club, will be coming to Chatterton’s fifth and sixth grade classrooms in November and December, and to Chatterton’s first and second grade classrooms in February and March. The Long Island Chess Nuts goal is to promote the educational and positive benefits of learning chess.
Each fifth and sixth grade class will receive four lessons on the following Tuesdays – November 12, November 19, December 10, and December 17.
Each first and second grade class will receive four lessons on the following Tuesdays – February 2, February 11, February 25, and March 3.
Each class has chess sets so that the children can play chess during indoor recess periods, if they so chose.
- Thursday November 21 Grade 1-2 Sports Night- more information to follow!
- Friday November 22 Reflections submissions are due! Don’t forget to remind the kiddos to participate! We are hoping for a great turnout this year!!
- Friday November 22 Deadline to donate to the Student Council Thanksgiving Food Drive- Collection bins are located in the main lobby. Any grade is open to donate the following items:
- Hot/Cold Cereal
- Paper Goods
- Canned Vegetables
- Canned fruit
- Boxes of pasta/rice
- Dry stuffing/dried potatoes
- Beverages (no soda please)- coffee, juices, tea bags sweeteners
- Friday November 22 Deadline to donate gently used baby dolls- the Student Council will donate these to Amber Court Assisted Living in Westbury. These dolls will be given out to residents to help ease their anxiety and have something to care for and love.
- Tuesday November 26 Photo Retake Day/Yearbook Photo Day
- Tuesday November and Wednesday November 27 Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Schools are closed November 27, 28 and 29
PTA Membership- We encourage everyone to become a PTA member for the 2019-2020 school year. Every class that has 100 percent of families registered as PTA members will receive an extra recess time!
Use link: Chatterton.memberhub.store
- Membership is $12 for first member and $8 for each additional member.
- You will not be able to attend PTA sponsored field trips or events if you are not a PTA member.
SEPTA: Merrick School District Special Education PTA, serves the interest of families in all three of our elementary schools – Chatterton, Birch and Levy Lakeside. Please support SEPTA and become a member! https://merricksepta.memberhub.store
PTA Lunch Service – Ordering is open for the month of December and will close on the 15th.
- Online ordering system- www.boonli.com
- No late orders can be accepted. If you have any questions or problems with registration or ordering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your cooperation.
Happy Birthday! – Each month, on the bulletin board in the main hallway, the PTA posts the names of children who are celebrating birthdays. Please send in a photo to your child’s teacher in an envelope labeled “PTA birthday photo”, including your child’s name, birthday month, teacher and grade on both envelope and photo. This photo will not be returned. Any questions, please contact Maria Milito 516-835-2209, Mcpmilito@yahoo.com.
CHATTERTON PTA’S FUNDRAISERS Fundraising calendar 2019-2020
- Save the Date!! Casino Night will be Friday April 3, 2020! ♠♣♥♦
- Chatterton PTA Discount Cards: We have teamed up with Birch and Lakeside PTAs to raise money for each of our PTAs. The cost per discount card is $20. Please see this order form Discount Card Order Form 2019 2020 to purchase, or please follow the link below and follow the directions to purchase your card. https://my.cheddarup.com/c/merrick-school-district-2019-20-discount-card-16411
Once you have received confirmation of your purchase please forward it to email@example.com and please include your home address when emailing the confirmation.
- Shop at Shutterfly or Tiny Prints and 13% of your purchase will be donated to Chatterton PTA!! http://chatterton.shutterflystorefront.com
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION- Help support our school in this program! The PTA receives a check from Box Tops for Education™ and the money goes directly towards many of its sponsored programs, events and field trips. Please send in your clippings in a baggie or envelope with your child’s teacher’s name so that each Box Top is counted towards total class numbers, or you can earn box tops DIGITALLY via receipt scan. You can now download the Box Tops app, register and select Chatterton as your school, and then scan an eligible receipt containing Box Tops products. The app will automatically add Box Tops to Chatterton’s earnings online. OUR REMAINING COMPETITION DEADLINES FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR ARE FRIDAY FEBRUARY 14th and FRIDAY JUNE 12th. For more information or questions, please contact Chatterton’s Box Tops Coordinator, Samantha Pucella, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stop & Shop A+ Rewards Program – Help us earn money for our school PTA. Simply log on to www.stopandshop.com/aplus or call 1-877-275-2758 to register your Stop & Shop card. Registration is open and Chatterton’s ID # is 12028. If you registered last year you do not need to re-register. You can log in and verify the school assignment. Remember to have your family & friends register their cards too! Thank you for your support!
PTA Website – You can register on our Chatterton PTA website in order to receive emails regarding upcoming events, important dates, lunch program information and to receive your weekly PTA Memo. http://chattertonpta.org.
Join our Facebook Page if you would like to receive up to the minute information and reminders.
PTA Committees– Our PTA can always use extra help and volunteers!! Please see slate (link below) for chair and committee contact info to volunteer.
Chatterton Twitter Account – Please follow us on Twitter to receive the most current “learning snapshots” being posted. Our school Twitter account is @ChattertonSOARS.