In order to ensure the safety of all of students, it is imperative that we know exactly how students will be getting home each day. We understand that at times, it is necessary to make changes to a child’s regular dismissal plan. In order to facilitate a safe and smooth dismissal for all students, we respectfully request the following:
– All changes to dismissal plans must be communicated in writing to the school. This includes changes to a child attending afterschool, riding the bus, being dismissed as a walker or if a child is not attending an afterschool club.
– Please refrain from emailing your child’s teacher a change to dismissal during the school day, as we cannot guarantee the email will be received prior to dismissal.
– All emergency calls for changes to dismissal, must be received by 2:30PM. We cannot accept changes to dismissal procedures after 2:30PM. This is to ensure adequate time to notify the child and the classroom teacher prior to dismissal.
We thank you for your cooperation and adhesion to these procedures for the safety of all students.
On Friday, February 28th, our Grade 3 students will be taking a field trip to the Nassau County Museum of Art in Roslyn. This is the second of three trips our students will be taking to the museum throughout the year.
– Congratulations to the winners of the Reflections contest for the 2019-2020 school year! The following are the Reflections contestants whose pieces advanced to county. Anastassja’s advanced to state!
Ruby Casano – grade 2 – Primary – Literature
Anastassja Vokjan – grade 5 – Intermediate – Visual Arts – advanced to state!!!!
Calleigh Mack – grade 4 – Intermediate Film
Kari Anand – grade 1 – Primary – Dance
Liam Risolo – grade 6 – Middle School – Visual Arts
Michael Chapur – grade 2 – Primary – Literature
Nattie Martin – grade 6 – Middle School – Literature
Pierce Rosser – grade 2 – Primary – Visual Arts
RJ Neyjovich – grade 4 – Intermediate – Visual Arts
Zachary Bodner – 2nd grade – Primary – Visual Arts
All of our winners will be honored at the Founders Day Celebration!!!
– Congratulations to the classes who submitted the most Box Tops – 1st place: Mrs. Stephens’ class; 2nd place: Mrs. Frongillo’s class; and 3rd place: Mrs. Marr’s class. Prizes will be awarded to each class. A total of 9 classes participated in our competition and submitted over 600 Box Tops. In conjunction with the new Box Tops phone app, our school will soon be awarded hundreds of dollars! Our next and last competition of the school year isFriday, June 12th. Please continue to help raise money for our school! Box Tops are slowly being phased out on products and the program is going completely digital so if you have not done so already, please download the new and improved, user-friendly Box Tops app, register and select Chatterton as your school, and then scan an eligible receipt containing Box Tops products. Chatterton earns 10 cents for each Box Tops product purchased plus extra earnings for any Bonus Box Tops opportunities. The app will automatically add Box Tops to Chatterton’s earnings online.
ON THE CALENDAR-
- Chatterton PTA Founder’s Day Tuesday March 3, 2020 at 7:00pm in Chatterton Gymnasium. Refreshments will be served. Please RSVP by February 24, 2020 to Jessica Mack at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rosan Ramlowtan at email@example.com.
- Merrick Blood Drive at Lakeside Wednesday March 18th from 3:00 – 9:00pm
- CASINO NIGHT will be Friday April 3, 2020! Tickets on sale now! Ticket Flyer