We would like to congratulate all of our 5th and 6th grade musicians on a fantastic Winter Concert! A special thank you to Mrs. DiGangi, Mr. Lensky, Mrs. Miller and Dr. Nasto for all their hard work and coordination in making the concert a success!
Our 2nd grade students will be attending a field trip to Adam’s Playhouse on Tuesday, December 17th.
On Thursday, December 19th, 5th and 6th grade students in the TedEd Club will be presenting their TedTalk presentations to students in grades 4-6! We are excited to hear the topics they chose to become experts on to embark knowledge to their audience!
There is no school for students from Monday, December 23rd – Wednesday, January 1st.
We would like to wish all our families a wonderful holiday season! We hope all those in the Chatterton community enjoy a very special Hanukkah, Christmas and Kwanza. May you have a wonderful celebration with your family and friends. Hoping that the New Year brings health and happiness to all! See you all upon our return to school on Thursday, January 2, 2020!!
ON THE CALENDAR-
- The Chatterton PTA Cultural Arts Program is pleased to inform you that your child will hear Holocaust Survivor and co-author Marion Blumenthal Lazan speak on Tuesday, January 7, 2020, at 9:20am. This is a special opportunity for your child to hear an account of a very important period in history. Parents are welcome to attend the presentation but must register by December 20, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org as space is limited.
- On Wednesday, January 15, 2020 as part of our PARP Celebration, the PTA Cultural Arts program will host Doreen Rappaport, an award winning author of over 60 nonfiction books that celebrate multiculturalism, history, the lives of world leaders, and the stories of those she calls ‘not-yet-celebrated.’ Arrangements have been made to offer a selection of Doreen Rappaport’s books at a slight discount. Please see the order forms sent home in your children’s backpacks. Orders are due no later than December 27, 2019.
- The PTA Cultural Arts Program is continuing our Chess residency program for the third year in a row. Each first and second grade class will receive four lessons on the following Tuesdays – February 2, February 11, February 25, and March 3. Each class has chess sets so that the children can play chess during indoor recess periods, if they so chose.
PTA Membership- We encourage everyone to become a PTA member for the 2019-2020 school year. Every class that has 100 percent of families registered as PTA members will receive an extra recess time! Use link: Chatterton.memberhub.store
- Membership is $12 for first member and $8 for each additional member.
- You will not be able to attend PTA sponsored field trips or events if you are not a PTA member.
SEPTA: Merrick School District Special Education PTA, serves the interest of families in all three of our elementary schools – Chatterton, Birch and Levy Lakeside. Please support SEPTA and become a member! https://merricksepta.memberhub.store
PTA Lunch Service – Ordering is now closed for the month of January and will close December 15th
Happy Birthday! – Each month, on the bulletin board in the main hallway, the PTA posts the names of children who are celebrating birthdays. Please send in a photo to your child’s teacher in an envelope labeled “PTA birthday photo”, including your child’s name, birthday month, teacher and grade on both envelope and photo. This photo will not be returned. Any questions, please contact Maria Milito 516-835-2209, Mcpmilito@yahoo.com.
PTA Website – You can register on our Chatterton PTA website in order to receive emails regarding upcoming events, important dates, lunch program information and to receive your weekly PTA Memo. http://chattertonpta.org.
Join our Facebook Page if you would like to receive up to the minute information and reminders.
PTA Committees– Our PTA can always use extra help and volunteers!! Please see slate (link below) for chair and committee contact info to volunteer.
Chatterton Twitter Account – Please follow us on Twitter to receive the most current “learning snapshots” being posted. Our school Twitter account is @ChattertonSOARS.