Principal’s Corner –
Special Halloween Notice: We will be changing our parade route for this year’s Halloween parade! We will be parading around Chatterton School and will not be traveling down Merrick Avenue. Please look for a notice that will be sent home on Monday with the important details! All students in grades K-6 will be invited to dress in costume for the day! Grades K-3 will be marching in the parade and Grades 4-6 will be cheering on the students.
On Tuesday, October 17th we have many trips scheduled! Grade K will have their first trip to the pumpkin farm! Grade 3 will be visiting the Roslyn Museum of Arts in their first of three trips there! Grade 5 will be attending Project Adventure in Old Brookville for a wonderful team building experience!
Special notices –
PTA Membership – We encourage everyone to become a PTA member. Every class that has 100 percent of families registered as PTA members will receive extra recess with their class!!! Membership is $12 for first member and $8 for each additional member. In order to join you will need to follow this hyperlink: https://nyspta.force.com/NewMemberRegistration?unit=10-140 you will not be able to attend PTA sponsored field trips or events if you are not a PTA member. Thank you! These membership fees help to sponsor functions such as: cultural arts events, Peace and Friendship day, class field trips and many other great events for your children throughout the school year!
PTA Committees and Lunch Program– Please note you must be a PTA member to Chair and/or volunteer for all Committees as well as our lunch program. Please contact Michelle Kraus for any questions about our Chatterton PTA Committees and to volunteer.
Happening this week–
- Monday, October 16 The Energized Guyz will be performing for our younger students (grades K-3) through our PTA Cultural Arts Program. The Energized Guyz is an interactive comedy with Nikki Neutron, a junior superhero who is on a mission to stop energy from being wasted all over town. Along the way, Nikki and the students learn important lessons about resources and conservation.
- Educational Support Committee– would like to invite you to a Parent Workshop “Digital Tools”, Reinforcement & Enrichment Through the Use of Technology at Home, on Tuesday, October 17th, 2017 at 7:15pm-8:30pm. Located in Louis Kruh Conference Room, in the Administration Building (adjacent to The Lakeside School). Topics covered in this interactive and informative workshop will include:
- Use of electronic graphic novels to support reluctant communicators & writers.
- Use of “Buncee” to enhance home-based conversations, develop social stories, and to use as a study tool to practice concepts in math, science, & social studies (in connection with supporting students with special needs).
- Brief overview of digital tools to support curriculum based instruction (IXL, Think Central, & MyOn). For more information, please contact: Debbie Hassenbein at email@example.com, Julie Kaplan at firstname.lastname@example.org, Catri Kleuskens at email@example.com & Jessica Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spaghetti Night –Our Annual Spaghetti Night is Thursday, October 19th in the APR room at 6pm. Please enter through the doors in the front of the building to check-in. If you are donating beverages please bring to main office labeled for Spaghetti Night and desserts can be brought that night. If you are interested in helping out that night, have a question about the evening or have a small donation to donate for a door prize, please contact Letizia Maltese at email@example.com or Elayna Bloch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happening soon –
- PTA Meeting – 7:00 PM, Wednesday, October 25st in the APR. ALL are welcome (including dads & kids)!
- Happy Halloween! – Grades K- 3 Halloween Parade. Come out to see the little ghosts and goblins on parade around Chatterton School. Parade begins at 9:00 AM Tuesday, October 31st outside the Chatterton Kindergarten doors.
Reminders & Ongoing Programs –
PTA Lunch Service –
Online lunch program is BOONLI. This year we have a newly user friendly online ordering system- www.boonli.com. Instructions for registration were included with your child’s placement letters. No late orders can be accepted. If you have any questions or problems with registration or ordering, please contact email@example.com. Thanks for your cooperation.
- Ordering for November is now closed!
- December orders, will can be submitted Nov 1st– Nov 15th
Box Tops for Education – Over the last three years, Chatterton has submitted over 25,000 Box Tops and earned more than $2,500! We will have THREE submission deadlines this school year, and first, second and third place winnings announced and prizes distributed. Please send all clipped Box Tops in a baggie or envelope in your child’s backpack and labeled with your child’s teacher’s name so that each Box Top is counted towards the total class numbers. Future deadlines for submission are February 16th and June 8th. Winning classes will be awarded extra time at gym/recess, lunch outside in the P&F Garden, a craft activity, etc. and a GRAND PRIZE will be awarded in June. Each Box Top raises 10 cents for Chatterton and amounts to hundreds of dollars for our school that the PTA will use towards things to benefit our children. Please note the expiration dates and cut on the dotted lines. Nothing expired or ripped will be counted! Box Tops are included on hundreds of products including Hanes clothing, Betty Crocker baking goods, General Mills cereals, Yoplait yogurts, Kleenex and Scott paper goods and Green Giant vegetables, just to name a few. For more information and a list of participating products, please
Happy Birthday! – Each month, on the bulletin board in the main hallway, the PTA posts the names of children who are celebrating birthdays. In order to make the board more exciting and fun, we would love to include a recent photo to go beside each child’s name. Please send in a photo to your child’s teacher in an envelope labeled “PTA birthday photo”, include your child’s name, birthday month, teacher and grade. In addition, please label the photo with your child’s name and birth month. Please submit by October 1. This photo will not be returned. Thank you very much! Pls contact Maria Milito 516-835-2209, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chatterton Twitter Account – Please follow us on Twitter to receive the most current “learning snapshots” being posted. This will enable you to have a window into the learning experiences and activities your children are engaged in during the school day. Our school Twitter account is @ChattertonSOARS.
We have a great website! If you have not already done so, please register on our Chatterton PTA website in order to receive emails regarding upcoming events, important dates, lunch program information and to receive your weekly Monday Memo. In order to do so, log onto
Join our Facebook Page if you would like to receive up to the minute information and reminders.